Just Wondering . . . .
- The Politburo of the Chinese Communist Party consists of seven men. There are more than a billion people, don't you think they could have found a couple of women?
-How long to we have to listen to people suggest that Jason Kenney is a good model of the GOP to follow? I mean a) the guy is blatantly racist and sexist, b) the movement of recent immigrants toward the Conservative Party has been way over exaggerated, and c) Romney won a much larger portion of the vote in general than the Conservative Party did.
- How long do we have to listen to the myth that conservatives are the best money managers? First of all, over all, the NDP in Canada have delivered the most balanced budgets. Conservative Governments consistently run deficits, expand the size of governments, and only ever cut taxes selectively in ways that increase the financial burden on average people. If Harper told us that his cabinet ministers can fly, would the media believe that too??
- How long are people going to believe that the State of Israel is a poor defenceless victim? Besides having one of the strongest militaries in the world and being the recipient of the majority of US foreign aid (particularly military aid), every time that Israel builds a house in the occupied territory (against international law and UN General Assembly directives, by the way) it is an act of war! Thus the claim that Israel is simply defending itself while it is actually engaged in a systematic and militaristic expansionist program on stolen land is wearing a bit thin.
- How long are people going to be stupid enough to believe that conservatives and capitalists desire generalized prosperity?? In a globalized economy, for example, in which we could never compete with countries like China for labour costs, the only way to greater prosperity for countries in the West is through significant technological innovation. And the way to achieve this is very simple, free universal post-secondary education and a significant shift in government resources toward new technologies. But most Western nations are doing neither of these things because the rich generally want more poverty at home because it means cheaper labour and a larger piece of the pie for them. Open a bloody history book once in a while.
- Why is Wayne Brady waisting his significant comic talents hosting "Let's Make a Deal" ??
- Why are the books that are nominated for the Giller Prize always simpering, bourgeoise, melodramas written in a hopelessly antiquated, 19th century style?
- Now that Hostess is going out of business, what will a world without Twinkies be like? Considerably less yummy I would think.
Good Morning America ....
3 months ago